Every so often, job opportunities come up at Hope. We’re a pretty good bunch of people to work with and if you’re keen to come work with us in a paid capacity we’d love to hear from you.
Hope Youth Team Leader Roles
Hope has a strong history of youth work in the Selwyn community. As a result of a structural review, Hope Youth is seeking to appoint two team leaders to oversee youth and young adult’s ministry and has four 24/7 Youth Worker positions available. One team leader will focus on community ministry; the other will focus on church-based ministry. Each role would be 30 hours per week, but depending on the availability, skills and interests of applicants, these roles could look different or be supplemented by either a 24-7 role or school chaplaincy up to full-time roles.
We are also recruiting for two 24/7 Youth Workers at Rolleston School, and two 24/7 Youth Workers at Rolleston College. These are 10 hour per week positions employed through the Hope Youth Trust commencing in late January 2020. At the bottom is the link to the 24/7 job positions.
The focus of this role is in the development of the community facing youth and young adults’ communities.
Key ministry areas:
- Overseeing and team leading 24/7 Youth Workers in Selwyn (of which we currently have four positions available)
- Take the initiative on community outreach events where the church is mobilised to be present and public in the local community.
- Train and equip the Rolleston youth/young adults in evangelism where they are encouraged to impact Rolleston with the Kingdom of God in every sphere of influence they have, from friendship, to school, to the workplace.
- Lead the charge on serving our community, incubating the dreams youth/young adults have for full integration as the hands and feet of Jesus – selflessly yet extravagantly loving those around us through action.
- Work with heartfelt commitment toward a dynamic and synergistic relationship with the church facing youth/young adults pastor and the rest of the Hope Youth and Rolleston Church staff team.
The focus of this particular role is the development of the church youth and young adults’ communities.
Key Ministry Areas:
- To oversee every aspect of the church’s ministry to youth (Years 7-13), and young adults (18+) with the objective of nurturing wellness, wholeness and freedom in all dimensions of faith in Jesus and life in the Spirit.
- This will involve leading and pastorally caring for a team of volunteer youth leaders and young adult leaders. Equipping them with resources and opportunities to grow and develop in their personal maturity and nurture their leadership capacity in impacting the lives of those in their care.
- Propagate the culture of who we aspire to be as Hope Youth – embodied in the life and example of Jesus and communicated in our statements of strategic intent.
- Plan and implement programmes and events with the Hope Youth team that promotes spiritual health and builds a relational community that extends out from youth and into their families. Strategically this looks like a continued development of strong faith based programmes within a small group model to draw out intentional discipleship.
- Work with heartfelt commitment toward a dynamic and synergistic relationship with the community facing youth/young adults pastor and the rest of the Hope Youth and Rolleston Church staff team.
We are seeking people who:
- Are authentic and genuine, modelling the vulnerability needed to lead a team.
- Seek to be selfless in the service of others, gracious with difference and actively seeks to express the value found in others
- Intentional, purposeful and directional in developing relationships. This necessitates relational intelligence, maturity and a secure identity in Christ.
- Have confidence and thrive on expressing and sharing their personal faith.
- Are committed to accountability and the maintenance of personal integrity.
- Can be assertive and restorative in the midst of conflict, seeking to find resolutions where possible.
- Can steward time and resources effectively through planning and organisation.
- Above all else, value their connection with God and who ardently guard their own heart.
Full job descriptions can be downloaded here:
To apply, please download the application form and return the completed form along with your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com, or to 27 Amyes Road, Hornby, Christchurch 8042, Attn Josiah Russell, before 17 December 2019.