Every so often, job opportunities come up at Hope. We’re a pretty good bunch of people to work with and if you’re keen to come work with us in a paid capacity we’d love to hear from you.
Hope Presbyterian Senior Pastor Vacancy
The Hope Presbyterian (HP) current Senior Pastor, Rev Hamish Galloway is transitioning to the role of Moderator of PCANZ. Accordingly, the senior pastor role at HP is vacant, a Ministry Settlement Board (MSB) has been convened and suitable applications are now being sought.
Primary Purpose. To provide the key leadership role in the achievement of the church’s mission and vision. The Senior Pastor is the primary visionary leader for the church.
The MSB is seeking someone who:
- Has a vibrant, authentic Christian faith leaning on God’s strength and understanding.
- Is an experienced ordained minister with an evangelical theological outlook, with openness to the charismatic expression.
- Has outstanding and engaging preaching and teaching skills that reaches across the generational divide.
- Possesses strong leadership and people management skills expressed in a servant leadership model, and can operate effectively in a team environment
- Thinks strategically and can cast a God-inspired vision that captures the imagination.
- Identifies with the values and ethos of Hope Presbyterian as outlined above and in the Hope Presbyterian Guiding Principles. (Available on request).
- Has led a growing church.
- Preferably has experience in a multi-site environment.
Standard PCANZ Terms of Call, with an additional Senior Pastor loading of 10-20% of the applicable stipend including seniority allowance in recognition of the breadth and complexity of the role.
If you have a sense that God may be calling you to this role, you are invited to make application by means of submitting a relevant curriculum vitae, a covering letter and the contact details of two referees. Applications close with Arii Taimataora – email@example.com – on Thursday 10 October 2019.