Here are some reasons as to WHY you may feel motivated to join the Youth Council:
- The Youth Council provides you with a forum to voice your needs and gives you an opportunity to make a difference in Hope Youth and your community.
- We need a think tank of youth to come up with awesome ideas for other youth – who better to know what you want!
- The Youth Council is an awesome opportunity to build relationships with each other and the Hope Youth team.
- What a great chance to share your heart with other like-minded individuals who are also passionate about changing the world!
- The past can’t be changed, but together we can work toward a brighter future. Start where you are, use what you have, do what you can.
- This is going to be epic fun!
Our HOPE-wide Family Camp is coming up! Have fun while connecting with other Hope families!
Camp Gear List: A comprehensive list is available on the Woodend Camp website if you want more specifics, but please MAKE SURE YOU BRING:
Bedding:Sleeping bag /Blanket, Pillow & pillow case (these are not provided), Porta-cot/stretcher (if required)
Clothing: The weather may vary, so please bring good ‘all weather clothes’ and include…Waterproof jacket / raincoat, Sneakers/Covered shoes (necessary for activities), Toiletries, Torch and spare batteries, Towel and Togs (suggest one piece for girls) or board shorts and rash-vest (for beach/pool and water-slide), Sun hat/warm hat and sunblock/insect repellent, Medication, Your instruments/music if you want to have a jam, A quiet activity (books/puzzles etc), Bible/Journal, Some baking to share for suppers/morning and arvo teas, Other: highchair, pram or front/back pack. A GOOD SENSE OF FUN!!!! Most of our camp activities run rain or shine. Please come prepared for fun and adventure no matter what the weather.
Activities: Archery, air rifles, go karting, rock climbing, mini golf, surfing lessons, orienteering, swimming, water slide…and much more!
Cost: $60 per adult/ $50 per child (5 to 15 years)/ Under 4 free/ Maximum family charge of $250 (subsidies apply)
Accomodation Options: Small Family/Group Units, Powered sites for caravans/campers, Bunkrooms, Tenting
For more info, see www.woodendcamp.co.nz